Beaverton, OR – October 5, 2015 — The Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC), an organization driving global technologies for phone-centric car connectivity solutions, today announced the first graduating class of apps from the MirrorLink ® Developer Fast Track, a program that makes it as easy as possible for developers to achieve MirrorLink-certification. All seven apps represent a new era of connected driving as they allow drivers to access content with greater responsibility and ease of use.
The first graduating class of MirrorLink Fast Track apps is as follows:
- Airmotion – Offers real time and high quality news content in six different categories, available in German and English.
- BringGo – A premium, turn-by-turn navigation app for mobile and in-vehicle use developed by EnGIS Technologies, Inc., a leading supplier of navigation software solutions to automotive OEMs worldwide. BringGo is available in over 90 countries and in more than 30 languages
- Coyote – The pioneer and leading pan-European, community-based, multi-platform Driving Assistant Service, providing the relevant alert at the relevant time to more than 4.8 million drivers
- Glympse –The world’s leading location-sharing technology company allows drivers to use their car’s display to share their movements in real-time with anyone they choose, including estimated time of arrival (ETA), on a dynamic map
- miRoamer – next generation internet radio platform that allows users to pick up radio stations from broad geographies, including international stations
- Parkopedia – The world’s leading parking information provider which allows drivers to find parking in over 6,000 cities across 53 countries
- Sygic Car Navigation – The most advanced navigation app for smart devices and connected cars by Sygic. Sygic Car Navigation is available in over 115 countries and in 40 languages.
“As more leading vehicles and smartphones become MirrorLink-enabled, the dashboard has emerged as an innovation platform for developers and has given rise to a new wave of creative apps for the driving environment,” said Alan Ewing, President and Executive Director of the CCC. “The MirrorLink app ecosystem is steadily growing, and we are thrilled to work with our developer partners to reinvent connected driving with truly disruptive content.”
The MirrorLink Developer Fast Track was created to bring MirrorLink-enabled apps to the world faster, enriching value for the millions of MirrorLink-enabled cars and smartphones shipping globally today. The program offers developer partners the following benefits:
- Direct, enhanced access to technical support – to make adapting an app to MirrorLink as easy as possible.
- Inclusion in CCC marketing and communications programs, including press, Web, social media and conferences
- Promotion of the app among CCC members, including newsletters, member workshops, etc.
- Potential reduction in test-lab costs
MirrorLink is the most ingenious way to bring smartphone content to the dash. Huge icons make apps easy to use and smart technology knows if the car is in Park or Drive. Designed for maximum interoperability between a wide range of smartphones and cars, MirrorLink is the only OS- and OEM-agnostic standard for car-smartphone connectivity where no single entity has a controlling stake.
About the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC)
The CCC is dedicated to cross-industry collaboration in developing MirrorLink® global standards and solutions for smartphone and in-vehicle connectivity. The organization’s 100 members represent 70 percent of the world’s auto market, 70 percent of the global smartphone market and a who’s who of aftermarket consumer electronics vendors. For further information, please visit www.mirrorlink.com.
Finn Partners for the CCC